• These information kits are administered and provided by the Nova Scotia Department of Justice.
• They are offered on the Courts Of Nova Scotia website for information purposes only and are not intended as legal advice.
• If you are not familar with legal and court procedures, and the law as it applies to your case, then you may want to reconsider self-representation.
• In certain limited circumstances you may qualify for a government funded lawyer. See Dalhousie Legal Aid Service website and Nova Scotia Legal Aid website.
• Financement de la traduction en français : ministère du Patrimoine canadien, dans le cadre de l'Entente Canada-Nouvelle-Écosse sur la Promotion des langues officielles.
Funding for French translations is provided by the Department of Canadian Heritage under the Canada-Nova Scotia Agreement on the Promotion of Official Languages.